How to create a lead generation campaign on Instagram and make it work
Using social networks is key in any strategy, in fact, you can create your lead generation campaign on Instagram. This is a digital platform that has a high reach and visibility which can be beneficial when looking for new prospects.
This social network is an excellent channel not only to promote your products or services, but also to find potential customers . And this is because many users already use it as a means to search for companies or brands that offer something that may interest them.
Therefore, it is a great strategy to launch a lead generation campaign on Instagram, especially if you are starting your business. The idea is that you can publicize your brand and at the same time find consumers interested in it .
Steps to create your lead generation campaign on Instagram
To start creating your lead generation campaign on Instagram, it is essential that you take into account some steps to follow. These will help you structure your strategy from scratch and in case you are starting it will serve as a guide:
1.- Configure your profile
If you want to publish ads you will need a Facebook Page and a professional account on Instagram . It is about carrying out the conversion of your personal profile to a company profile, for this you must do the following:
- Go to your profile options, there you will choose “Change to company profile” .
- Then you will see the screen “Connect your Facebook page” , in it you will see all the pages of which you are an administrator.
- Select the one you want to associate with your Instagram business profile .
- In the option “Configure your company profile” , you should review the contact information of your company.
With these simple steps you will have a professional Instagram account, and you will have the possibility to access Statistics. In addition, it will help you to promote directly from the publication of the application.
2.- Create a Business Manager account
The next step for you to start your lead generation campaign on Instagram is to create a Business Manager account. In this case you must follow these simple instructions:
- Access the official page: business.facebook.com.
- Click on “Create account . “
- Choose what your home page will be and enter your name and corporate email address.
- Once you have made the Business Manager configuration, you will be able to add your Instagram account.
3.- Associate your professional Instagram account
Have you already created your account in Business Manager? So the following is to associate your professional Instagram account in this way:
- Enter the Business Manager Configuration.
- Select the option “Instagram Accounts.”
- Then you are going to click on “Claim Instagram account” .
- Finally, add a username and password.
4.- Create an Instagram ad
Having already created and associated your account, the next step is to create the ad on Instagram. To do this, you must follow these simple steps:
- Access the creation of announcements and select the option “Create new announcement” .
- Pick an Instagram-approved goal: Brand Awareness, Reach, Traffic, App Downloads, Video Views, Conversions, and Lead Generation . This last option is the one that will help you attract leads.
- Then select the audience for your ad: age, interests, and more.
- In locations you will choose Instagram and remove Facebook .
- You have to edit the locations to select Instagram in Facebook Business Manager.
- Choose a daily budget or campaign budget.
- Finally, in the format you will be able to choose the type of multimedia you want to use for the ad. Keep in mind that it will depend on the objective you have chosen.
5.- Choose the ad format
Do you want to be successful in your lead generation campaign on Instagram? Then you should focus on one of the most important aspects, it is nothing more and nothing less than the ad format. Therefore, the following tips will be of great help in this process:
A.- Image design tips
The first thing you have to consider is that the image size is 1080 × 1080 pixels . While in the caption it is a text complement, it is recommended 125 characters.
Now, you already have knowledge in terms of image design in Instagram ads. The following is to know the technical requirements that you must have:
- Image ratio: horizontal format (1.91: 1), square format (1: 1), vertical format (4: 5).
- Minimum resolution: 600 x 315 pixels (1.91: 1 horizontal format) / 600 x 600 pixels (1: 1 square format) / 600 x 750 pixels (4: 5 vertical format).
- Caption: text only, with a maximum of 2,200 characters.
- Limited compatibility: this in the case of the landscape format.
- Maximum resolution: 1936 × 1936 pixels.
- File type: must be .jpg or .png.
- Maximum size: 30 MB.
- Text percentage: The image cannot contain more than 20% text.
B.- Video design tips
Just as there are recommendations for designing around images, there are also recommendations for the video format . One of them is H.264 video compression, this should preferably be high profile. Plus, square pixels, fixed frame rate, and progressive scan.
Regarding the technical requirements in the lead generation campaign on Instagram in video format, you must take into account the following:
- Video aspect ratio: landscape format (1.91: 1), square format (1: 1), portrait format (4: 5).
- Caption: text only, the recommended is 125 characters, however, it has a maximum of 2200 characters.
- Audio Comprehension: Stereo AAC, preferably greater than 128 kbps.
- Minimum duration: there is no minimum duration.
- Maximum duration: 60 seconds.
- Minimum resolution: in the horizontal format (1.91: 1) 600 x 315 pixels; in the square format (1: 1) 600 x 600 pixels; and in the vertical format (4: 5) 600 x 750.
- File type: .mp4 container with initial atom MOOV preferably, no edit lists.
C.- Carrousel format
When you go to create your lead generation campaign on Instagram, you will also find the carousel format. This is the one that allows you to add several images, so that you can show more details of the product you offer. In this case you must take care of these aspects:
- The file type: include .jpeg or .png. with max. 30 MB per image.
- Legend text: like the previous ones, only the use of 125 characters and a maximum of 2,200 is recommended.
- Image size: 1080 x 1080 pixels is recommended.
- Minimum resolution: 600 x 600 pixels and the maximum is 1080 x 1080 pixels.
- Number of cards: you can use a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 10.
D.- Ads in Stories
And, finally, you have the ad format in Stories, it has great potential due to its high reach and daily viewing. Remember that you can take advantage of this full-screen experience to show your products, either with images (5 seconds by default) or videos (15 seconds).
In this type of ad format you must take care of the following details:
- Portrait format: it is 9:16 full screen.
- File types: when it comes to videos, it must be .mp4 or .mov, and in the case of images .jpg or .png. Maximum size of 4 GB for videos and 30 MB for images , while the recommended resolution is 1080 x 1920 with a minimum of 600 x 1067.
6.- Make the ad form
Once you have selected the ad format you want to use in your lead generation campaign on Instagram, the next thing is to create the ad form . Keep in mind that this is the most important element in any lead generation strategy.
You must look for the option “Ad form” , there you will click on “New form” . Then you have to configure the welcome screen, although it is not mandatory, it is a relevant factor to better explain your ad. But if you consider that it is already perfectly understood, you can omit it.
Later, you will select the questions that you want to send to the users. For this, it is important that you think in advance what these data are that you want to know. When you are sure of the questions go to the “Add relevant questions” section .
8.- Approval of the announcement
The last step in this entire process is filling out the thank you page. In it you have to write the link to your brand’s website , so it will be automatically linked to the final button of the form.
But it does not end there, do not close the window without first having pressed the “Finish” button . And by clicking the “Make request” option , you will send your ad to Facebook to go through its respective review and approval.