What Is A Podcast And How To Create It
If we want to reach our target audience, it is important to take advantage of all the means at our disposal . We must know what social networks we want to be on , what our website or blog will be like … But there are always new elements to get closer to the target audience. You have to reinvent yourself and try new ways of communicating what your company offers. If you haven’t tried it yet, creating a podcast is a unique way that you can leverage to your advantage.
What is a podcast
Podcasts are digital audio or video periodicals that can be downloaded from the Internet. It is a customizable and downloadable radio show , which can be installed on websites or blogs, or even on popular platforms such as iTunes or Spotify, among others.
Combining the advantages of text and video formats is the key to podcast success because, although listening is required, the content can be consumed anytime, anywhere, and even other tasks can be performed at the same time. Due to the rush of our daily routine, the podcast becomes a new way of consuming information easily, simply and quickly that adapts to the needs of new consumers.
What advantages do podcasts offer for your company?
Having a podcast offers many advantages:
- Help create a personal brand . Corporate branding or Personal branding is a basic discipline that can help you better position yourself and differentiate yourself from the competition. The podcast will get you to the top of your experience faster and more effectively than other content formats.
- Brings text to life . Texts can be colder and more objective, and podcasts break these virtual barriers: they make you speak and bring you closer to your readers.
- Help build a network . Interview podcasts are more popular, more interesting, and more dynamic than those in text format. They will help you build alliances and get new, more efficient and productive contacts.
- It is more affordable than producing content in any other format. All you need is to have the right sound equipment and the basic commands for the audio editing tools.
- It is fashionable . For any company it is very important to be updated and know how to adapt to the new needs of the public.
Points to keep in mind to create podcasts
First of all, you have to know what your goals are to be able to specify the entire process in creating a podcast.
Second, once we are clear about the objectives, it is necessary to define who it is aimed at, that is, the buyer. This process will help define the format of the content, the choice of themes, the guests and mainly the tone of the program.
Third, it is important to note that there are many types of podcasts. You must choose one and develop your own identity. For example, styles can be mixed as long as they have the same properties.
Fourth, branding the podcast is crucial, and you’ll need to spend a lot of time at this stage before launching it, just like when creating a company’s brand identity. You have to do a lot of research on topics related to the brand of similar programs and customer tastes.
Finally, it is also important to be careful when choosing the recording location, as it will determine the quality of the podcast.
How podcasts can help a company in the hotel sector (Examples)
- Potential User Location and Access : Podcasts can be hosted on different platforms such as iTunes, Soundcloud, Stitcher Radio, and iVoox. They act as gateways and hooks for the millions of users who log onto these platforms every day.
- Customer loyalty: if the user believes that the podcast has educational, academic and entertainment interests, they will continue to write to the company news and copy its episodes, so they will become a regular customer
- Awareness: by processing content related to the business involved, the company will position itself as a benchmark among the public. This will improve your reputation and set you apart from the competition. Even if customers don’t come to the hotel … what better marketing strategy is there to get to know it?